Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thank Goodness

So, I am so grateful right now for a few things.  

One, Steve Badgett.  He plays Vince Fontaine, and tonight was his last night with us.  He is such a brilliant actor, and I feel so grateful to have had the privilege of sharing the stage with him.  He is such a great example to me...not only on stage, but in his personal life.  I'm going to miss him and his family dearly.  

Second, I am grateful for Randy Boothe!  He came and saw the show this weekend, and he gave me some notes to help me improve my character as Danny.  And thanks goodness for those notes.  All of the notes he gave me were things that I have wanted to incorporate into my character, but I haven't been able to because the Director wanted something different, and my Sandy was still used to how the other Danny did things.  Well, thankfully Randy talked to both of them about what we thought should change, and they were willing to take a chance on me tonight.  I am so grateful they did, because I felt like tonight's show was amazing!   For the first time as Danny, I felt like I could just BE Danny and not have to walk pins and needles around certain people hoping that I didn't do something on stage that they wouldn't like.  Let's just say I almost cried last night when I got those notes; it was SO nice to have someone agree with me!  

And lastly, I am grateful to be alive.  I am grateful for my body, for my talents, for my friends, family, and loved ones.  I know there are still times I wish that God would have granted my prayers and allowed me to die on the mission so that I could just finish there and do a greater work, but I know my life has a purpose and a plan.  And though sometimes I lose track of that, I know that if I just do what I know is right, I will be happy!  

No comments: