1. Money: I could make about $21,000 from this experience, and maybe walk away with about $19,000. That means when I move to NYC, I'll have about $24,000 to have at my disposal.
2. Get out of Utah and BYU for a while! I love it and all, but a break would be nice. Part of that would be spent at home in Cali for December through March when I leave. So that means family time and possibly performing in "Assassins" at the 6th Street Playhouse. Plus saving money on living expenses.
3. I could do my three remaining GE's during this time online, meaning that when I finally do come back to BYU for my final semester, I won't have to worry about them. I could simply focus on my MDT classes and do Showcase!
4. The Boat goes through the Caribbean, PANAMA (my mission), and Alaska! Nice!
5. Be one year older and wiser (and buffer!) before I jump into the NYC world of theater.
1. Staying active with church. How do you do that on a cruise ship? I'm still trying to find out how often we port and how often and for how long we're off the ship for. If we port on a Sunday, I could easily find a church. And on any other day, I could try for a temple trip, like in Panama! But there's definitely the church issue.
2. I wouldn't graduate this year. I would graduate next year (2012). Will that really affect me? (NYC will always be there...I'd rather cruise now and then go to NYC rather than do Senior Showcase and then leave NYC to do a cruise...looks bad.)
3. A Cruise Ship show...not totally productive to learning more about my future career in the theater, but still, its a job.
Thoughts people? I'd love your opinions! Thanks!